Monday, September 15, 2014

Sunday Save

Hello All Fishers,
        Anyone reading my stories, by now knows that I rarely miss a Sunday fishing trip, this one was no different.
I have many ponds to fish in, so this Sunday I decided to stay close to home. There is a small group of houses just a couple of miles out of town that I hadn't fished in about 4 yrs, since I had permission from one of the owners I thought I'd try there.

It's a little chilly out that morning, but a beautiful day. When I get to the water, and begin fishing, I've been there about 10 minutes, caught 1 -1 1/2 lb bass, And one of the owners comes riding over in his golf cart and starts talking to my fishing partner.

After a couple of minutes, I see her heading to the truck, so I stop fishing & walk 1/2 way back around the large pond to talk to him. I walk up to him, greet him pleasantly, find out what the problem is and assure him that I have permission to fish this pond.

Well he is a new owner there, and we talk for about ten minutes, finally I convince him, find out he & his wife like fish, so I tell him that if I catch some that I'll bring him some.

I go back to the truck, hop in and drive around to the dam side of the pond. Deeper water,less moss, good cover for the crappie to lurk in & a slight wind blowing towards us.

Now I can get back to some serious catching, that's just what I did. I was using a bobber & my favorite SECRET bait, catching bluegills much bigger than my hands, if they make a nice fillet, in the bucket they go.

I ended up with 5 gills & 1 decent crappie, walked back over to the mans house & filleted him a small mess of fish, and you know what, I think I even made a new friend.

Now if that isn't a Sunday Save, I sure don't know what is.In my book any day you can enjoy a beautiful September day, catch a mess of fish, and make a new Friend, is a Great Day.
                                          Thanks folks, God Bless you, and come on back.
                                                                           Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment