Tuesday, September 9, 2014

New Waters

Hi All Fishers
     
Recently while I was out in the country, I was driving down this gravel road. Looking along both sides of the road for new ponds, as is my habit, I spotted a fine looking pond out in a field.







I drove up to the house, got out, knocked on the door, no answer. No worries I'd come back another time. <(;HF+< (Tip) Here's a little tip when looking for new waters to fish, be persistent and pick a different day of the week to return.

The 1st time I went there was on a Saturday, the next time that I returned it was Sunday, and now they're home. So I knock on the door, the Lady of the house answers, we visit for a few minutes and she directs me over to talk to her husband.

Now most of the Mennonites in my part of Missouri are great people, this man was no exception. We visited for 15 minutes, he gave me permission to fish Both his ponds and I had a great time catching a decent mess of catfish, perch & bass.

Nothing real big, mind you, but maybe next time.I just thought I'd share one of the ways that I find New Waters to fish,hope you learned a little something, until next time.
         Jon


Just a short update here, the top photo is the lake I saw from the road. Stunningly beautiful pond with Bass, Catfish, and perch in it.

I took these pictures in Jan. 2015 on a nice day we had this winter. The other pond on the left here was hidden, we didn't see it until we began to cross the dam of the first pond. Didn't catch any fish this time, but we'll see about next time. It's pretty cool though getting 2 new ponds at once, and the best part is having permission to fish at any time, what a great community I live in!! (-: jono

No comments:

Post a Comment