Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Fishing in the Pits

Hello All Fishers,
 Oh Boy,  I have a fine story for you tonight, about Pits. Fishing in any kind of pit, whether it's a clay, coal or old rock quarry is one of my favorites.

I'm truly blessed, in that I've fished in many and still have access to quite a few. There's an old coal pit way back in the sticks that one of my brothers has permission to fish in, and sometimes I'm included when he fishes it.

This particular time one of my sisters ( Lois ) & I went out to visit my brother ( David ). We arrive at his place have a quick lunch with him, and head to the pit. It's an absolutely beautiful day, perfect temp., slight wind and the water is crystal clear.

We launch a small pond boat, add trolling motor, battery, vests & gear, all climb in and we're off fishing.
                                       Here's Sis, ready to "Get to Catching Fish"

I think about every 3rd cast at least one of us has a fish on the line, there's lots of cover and overhanging trees, so yeah we get hung up a few times, but the CATCHING is so great it doesn't really matter.

No one's counting fish, but it doesn't matter in private waters, and a couple of hours later we have a 5 gallon bucket full of 2-3lb bass, bluegill and green perch, all of them good filleting size.


WOW what a great trip, as well as the fun family time we had together.That's a fine example of why I love fishing those great Pits.
                                              Thanks for visiting, I hope you enjoyed the story.
                                                                                             Jon



No comments:

Post a Comment