Monday, October 20, 2014

The Hopper Diner

Hi All Fishers

<(;HF+< (Tip) Fish love them " grasshoppers it's what's for dinner." Almost all of the big fish that I have landed, are because I was using hoppers.

A largemouth bass, at 8 lbs 4 oz.
A channel catfish, at just under 15 lbs.
And I accidently landed a 40 lb grass carp on a hopper.

 Funny that, the grass carp was the most fun to catch. I'm not a carp fisher, normally, that's why it was an accident. I mean I landed it on purpose, it just wasn't what I was fishing for.

So, if ya can catch them, hoppers are awesome bait, free too, and that's always a plus.

As I write this, I've been chuckling, thinking about most folks reaction to using hoppers for bait, ew gross, I've heard that a few times!

So in the fall of the year, when the grasshoppers get big enough to string on a hook, slip on your fishing pants. And head on over to " The Hopper Diner " and see if you can catch bigger fish too.
                                                                 Have a great day/night folks.
                                                                                   Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment