Thursday, October 2, 2014

Crappie of a Lifetime

Hi All Fishers

Todays story is about my youngest son. When he was younger (He's in College now) I took him fishing with me sometimes and now he's a pretty good catcher too. This happened 2 weeks after I caught that platter sized 15" bluegill.

We were fishing a small country lake, it's a pretty deep one with a narrow cove at the north end. J & I
were fishing in this area, we both had been catching filleting size crappie & bluegill and had quite a few in the bucket.

I'm fishing about 30ft away from him, when I hear him holler" Dad, I got a good one " music to my ears, I can tell ya that! I actually drop my rod, run over to him and as I get close, I see, sure enough he's got a good sized fish on the line.

Js got a slight problem though, his fish is stuck in the water weed that grows in this lake. So I tell him
"don't force it in." I step into the water, sink into the mud to my knees, reach far enough out to grab his fish, and bring it from the water.

WOW what a fish, a crappie 16" long and fat as a hog.

Talk about excited now, My son had a blast that day & outfished his pop.
We weighed that crappie, 2-1/4 lbs, shoot I hadn't even caught a crappie that big at that time.
I was sure proud of him though!!

I hope you all enjoyed this story, I'm so glad to carry a great family tradition on with my sons.

Happy & Joyful Fishing to all.
Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment