Wednesday, February 25, 2015

The Fishing Time Poem

Fishing Time

First rays of sun, through the lakeside trees. 
The sweet smell of lilac, mixed with the breeze. 
To the quiet of shallows, my craft I did ease. 
It's mornings like this, that make memories. 

A dip in the water, I give to the oar 
Pushing off smoothly, away from the shore. 
Another few yards, just a little bit more.
I'll begin my ballet, That's what I'm here for. 

I wind up my arm, to make my first cast. 
Just as I've done, many times in the past.
It's moments like this, I just want to last. 
It's "fishing time", and it surely goes fast.

An Original Poem by Jon Wright <(;HF+<
See More Great Poetry Here @ https://www.tsu.co/jonow
Photo taken on 2-16-15 by Jon Wright at a new lake I got permission to fish last year 

No comments:

Post a Comment